Sealy currently has an opening for an Assistant Property Manager in our Houston office. This position has the responsibility of assisting the property manager with the day-to-day operations of an assigned portfolio. Individuals will develop knowledge and skill in the areas of lease administration, financial management, physical facilities management, and tenant relations.
- Assist Property Manager in initiating efforts to achieve approved goals and objectives on timely basis within approved budget parameters.
- Assist Property Manager in developing & maintaining relationships with tenants, vendors, and third-party managements.
- Assist Property Manager in gathering information and documents, attend inspections for refinancing and dispositions.
- Assist with property inspections and complete Property Inspect forms.
- Enter work orders (including in roof management system).
- Assist Property Manager in preparing RFP’s and reviewing bids.
- Prepare Recurring Service Contracts and ensure COI is compliant.
- Assist Property Manager with monthly vacant space and landscape inspections.
- Assist with tenant relations (ordering holiday gifts and new tenant welcome gifts).
Financial & Management Reporting
- Upload Tenant and Vendor COI’s into Yardi.
- Manage compliance reporting in Yardi (COI’s, Tenant Visits, Property Inspections).
- Review rent rolls and notify the Lease Administrator of any changes.
- Obtain vendor quotes for budget projects and recurring services, review roof reports and ensure lease required LL work is budgeted.
- Complete non-recurring spreadsheet to achieve approved goals and objectives on a timely basis within approved budget parameters.
- Assist in coordinating tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Complete LOA and Move Out form for Property Manager review.
- Promptly notify Lease Administration of tenant information changes.
Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Prepare legal default letters.
- Prepare A/R Posting and Write-off Forms for Property Manager.
- Provide local counsel with requested documents for collection and/or eviction of defaulted tenants.
- Review vendor reports for any noted deficiencies and ensures items are remedied.
- Complete new vendor set up paperwork.
- Respond to vendor inquires.
- Approve invoices in PAYScan.
- Assist Property Manager in maintaining communications with tenants during on-site visits and through written communications.
- Follow-up on tenant inquires and maintenance calls and involve the Property Manager with significant issues.
- Coordinate repair & maintenance with appropriate vendors.
- Self-motivated and independent thinker.
- Well organized, self-starter.
- Time management, able to multi-task.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- Work independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial property management experience.
- Knowledge of industrial facilities and property management.
- Real estate accounting software experience a plus – MRI or Yardi preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Sealy & Company offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and 401(k).
Qualified applicants may send their resume to email@example.com please reference HOU- APM.
Sealy & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Sealy & Company is a fully-integrated commercial real estate investment and operating company. Sealy is a recognized leader in acquiring, developing, and redeveloping regional distribution warehouses, industrial/flex, and other industrial properties located primarily in the southeastern, south-central, and southwestern United States. Sealy has in-house capabilities that include investment, development, asset management, property management, marketing, leasing, and brokerage services. Sealy & Company has an exceptional team of over 80 employees, located in six offices, with corporate offices in Dallas, TX and Shreveport, LA.