Sealy currently has an opening for a Regional Accountant in our Shreveport office. The primary focus of the position will be financial reporting for commercial real estate entities. This position has the responsibility of accounting functions such as accounts payable, budgeting, preparing reconciliations, budget variance analysis, expense accruals, tenant ledger maintenance, and other general financial reporting tasks.
- Provide direction and support to non-accounting personnel to assist in the overall effort of accounts payable. Monitors pending invoices and ensures prompt payment to vendors.
- Assist in reviewing the annual budgets for corporate and real estate entities. Work with various departments and property management personnel to compile information used in the budgeting process.
- Perform reconciliations of monthly financial and operating activity to ensure accuracy of reporting and information systems.
- Identify significant liabilities for accrual. Will require an open line of communication with corporate and property management personnel to obtain information on outstanding liabilities.
- Review monthly tenant charges and receivable balances and provide support to property management for the purpose of ensuring tenants stay current lease obligations.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Perform detailed review of balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows to ensure information is accurate. Work with superiors to obtain feedback in order to revise financial statements.
- Research relevant accounting literature (GAAP) as needed in order to properly account for a wide variety of transactions. Periodically write memorandums and document findings.
- Assist with the flow of information to accounting firms conducting annual audits and tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Up to 5 years of financial accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (primarily Excel).
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals outside the accounting profession and tailor communication accordingly.
- Experience with Yardi a plus.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
Sealy & Company offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, and 401(k).
Qualified applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org please reference RASV.
Sealy & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Sealy & Company is a fully-integrated commercial real estate investment and operating company. Sealy is a recognized leader in acquiring, developing, and redeveloping regional distribution warehouses, industrial/flex, and other industrial properties located primarily in the southeastern, south-central, and southwestern United States. Sealy has in-house capabilities that include investment, development, asset management, property management, marketing, leasing, and brokerage services. Sealy & Company has an exceptional team of over 80 employees, located in eight offices, with corporate offices in Dallas, TX and Shreveport, LA.