Sealy & Company currently has an opening for a Sr. Asset/Sr. Portfolio Manager, Industrial in our Dallas office. This position is responsible for maximizing the return on property portfolios.
- Understand the goals/objectives of the assigned portfolio, its original underwritten investment strategy, and various stakeholders including the company and its investors. Work closely the with Vice President, Asset Management in implementing the execution of each portfolio’s investment strategy (as approved by senior management), through financial forecasting, assisting the leasing team in evaluating lease terms, deal structures, and alternative asset strategies.
- Analyze and monitor actual financial results as well as operating and leasing performance of the assigned portfolio as compared to budget and original investment underwriting/strategy. Ensure successful implementation. Report on results to senior management and investors.
- Proactively recommend changes to the original investment/ownership strategies to Senior Management as necessary to maximize the return to investors and to the company.
- Analyze historical and forecasted financial statements, perform market research and analysis for properties within the various funds to benchmark performance, and evaluate go-forward strategies.
- Prepare valuation of individual assets and portfolio, including coordination and oversight of appraisal process, when necessary.
- Prepare analysis of portfolio/fund cash flow, distributions, lender compliance, disposition targets, etc.
- Perform special projects as required which may include capital calls, investor updates, property, or market tours, etc.
- Advise onsite property management personnel of duties and responsibilities to maximize returns of investment portfolios.
- Manage the compliance of existing loans that are secured by the property or portfolios. This includes the renewal process by coordinating with lenders, investors, and senior management to renew or refinance portfolio loans as they reach maturity.
- Review all reports, data, management, and personnel activity to ensure that budgets, management practices, projects, and staff expenditures are performing in accordance with company policy as well as the objectives and strategies of the interested parties.
- Develop and disseminate effective aggregate annual budgets for their assigned portfolios. Support development of month and quarter-end reporting.
- Coordinate with Operations, to support acquisition and development activities of the investment department. Support underwriting, due diligence, checklist tasks, and management implementation strategies where appropriate, to ensure timely effective transitions of investment transactions into the property management department.
- Effectively communicate with senior staff, property owners, other asset managers, and lenders on management issues and strategies of the assigned portfolio of assets.
- Stay informed on market trends and economics for the assigned portfolio’s local, regional, and national markets. This should include but not be limited to knowledge pertaining to market capitalization rates, yield rates, discount rates, market rental rates, space absorption, construction activity, vacancies, and competitive space performance.
- The Asset Manager will coordinate his(her) efforts in value creation and risk mitigation with the 1) Vice President Property Management, 2) Investment Officers, 3) Property Managers, 4) Leasing Managers, and other resources or departments including but not limited to accounting, marketing, construction, and administration.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or other business discipline is required. An MBA or master’s degree is preferred.
- A Minimum of 3 (three) to seven (7) years related to real estate investment management, asset management, or portfolio management experience is required.
- Excellent written/oral communication/presentation skills with an ability to effectively communicate complex financial and strategic concepts.
- Strong analytical skills. Possess a deep understanding of financial and investment concepts and the ability to calculate the same.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required. Highly proficient in advanced financial modeling and data analysis utilizing Microsoft Excel and other database software. Candidate needs to have a solid understanding of fundamental financial concepts such as NPV, IRR, and return on cost.
- Proficiency with Argus Enterprise and Yardi systems preferred. Computer (PC) knowledge and proficiency are necessary.
- Excellent people skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills are required. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of staff.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, prioritize work, work independently without direct supervision, and thrive in a results-driven team environment.
- Additional real estate designations or licenses are also preferred.
Sealy & Company offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and 401(k).
Qualified applicants may apply through the form below or send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org please reference DAL-SR ASSET/PORT MGR
Sealy & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Sealy & Company is a fully-integrated commercial real estate investment and operating company. Sealy is a recognized leader in acquiring, developing, and redeveloping regional distribution warehouses, industrial/flex, and other industrial properties located primarily in the southeastern, south-central, and southwestern United States. Sealy has in-house capabilities that include investment, development, asset management, property management, marketing, leasing, and brokerage services. Sealy & Company has an exceptional team of over 80 employees, located in six offices, with corporate offices in Dallas, TX, and Shreveport, LA.